Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Strategy & Operations Consultant
- Conduct current state assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Gain deeper understanding of clients and their business through interviews and focus groups
- Define future state visions and prioritization of opportunity areas that deliver value across people, process, technology, and information
- Perform gap analyses to determine areas that need to be addressed based on current versus future state
- Identify a realistic and executable strategy focused on planning and developing road-maps, business case development, operating models, governance structures, and investment prioritization for execution
- Execute and deliver high-quality engagement tasks both as an individual and in a team environment with a focus on client satisfaction
- Play a major role in developing key client deliverables and ensure that projects are completed on time and on budget
- Develop deep client relationships at all levels of organizations and act as a trusted adviser
- Participate in the development of the S&O practice (e.g., recruiting, training, people, and culture etc.)
- Contribute to the pursuit of new business through drafting/writing proposals, presenting to client executives and supporting RFI/RFP responses
- Develop thought leadership in the S&O space through participation in industry events, panel discussions, publishing papers etc.
- A minimum of 5-7 years in strategy and/or operations consulting from global consulting firms like Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, EY, KPMG, IBM, etc.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint; understanding of statistics and its application to client recommendations a plus
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt/Master Black Belt preferred
- Broad industry experience with a focus in Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, and Retail/CPG
- Experience with business strategy development and execution; experience in a project leadership role a plus
- Experience providing strategic technology advisory services to clients
- Knowledge of a broad range of areas including:
- Return on investment, net present value, and internal rate of return calculations
- Strategic frameworks
- Operations best practices
- Business operations design and analysis
- Strategy development, ideation workshops, governance, and effectiveness
- Strategic road-map and execution plans
- Business architecture, operating models, capability models
- Strategic sourcing and vendor strategy
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Business process and/or value chain analysis
- Supply Chain
- Achievement-oriented with strong leadership skills and a desire for continued growth and learning in career
- A relationship builder able to team up at all levels both internally and externally
- First-rate communicator with audiences of all levels and seniority
- A Self-starter who's able to excel in ambiguous scenarios
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.