|Associate Consultant, Business Advisory Services (June 2021)|
Who You’ll Work With
Slalom’s Consulting Foundations Experience is about growing talented, early career individuals into world-class consultants – focused on nurturing our own talent internally, creating more dynamic teams, and building leadership skills. The experience begins with Consulting Foundations-specific start dates and structured onboarding sessions (called “bootcamp”) as part of a cohort. Support continues with on-the-job learning, Consulting Foundations cohort connections and coaching, and targeted learning. Learn more at https://www.slalom.com/consulting-foundations.
This role has a start date for June 2021.
Slalom Silicon Valley is looking for self-driven individuals with proactive mentalities that have a passion for helping organizations solve complex business and technology problems. We are seeking early career professionals (3+ years’ experience) interested in developing skills in the consulting industry. This role will play an integral part in client/project teams and ensure the timely completion of tasks, with guided expansion of discipline breadth and depth.
What You’ll Do
· Independently complete required tasks with adequate direction
· Demonstrate the ability to apply new concepts in a project setting
· Build breadth and depth of knowledge as it relates to disciplines and projects
· Participate actively in project planning and reviews
· Raise issues on a timely basis
· Demonstrate the ability to apply learned concepts in a project setting
· Properly use team collaboration tools when necessary
· Make appropriate judgments about working through tasks or ask for assistance
· Provide clear and concise documentation and communication with the project team, client, and leaders
· Understand the business and project goals in order to deliver functional task
· Reasonably estimate time required to accomplish assigned tasks
· Participate in internal Slalom events or initiatives
What You’ll Bring
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline
· 3+ years of post-higher education work experience
· Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing tasks
· Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and learn new concepts quickly
· Ability to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues
· Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently with little or no supervision
· Proven ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality and objectivity
· Advanced skills and experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud it invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.