|Principal - Strategy & Operations|
Who You’ll Work With
Slalom’s SoCal Strategy & Operations (S&O) team is a regional team of experts who think across industries, solutions, and services. We connect deeply with clients and their challenges to redefine what’s possible, give shape to the future, and take them there. Our consultants provide deep, cross-industry expertise and a courageous point of view to help our clients break through barriers and forge a clear path forward. We bring an outside point of view to fully understand the problems our executive clients are facing, balancing the organization’s readiness and capacity for change.
Our solutions span across, but are not limited to growth strategy, digital strategy, commercial strategy, M&A advisory, business transformation, operational excellence, value realization, and research and insights.
Slalom’s SoCal S&O team is seeking an experienced Principal-level Consultant to join its growing regional team.
What You’ll Do
· Conduct current state and future state assessments, documenting and presenting findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
· Facilitate definition of future state vision and prioritization of opportunity areas that deliver value across people, process, technology, and data.
· Develop realistic and executable business and technology strategies, investment prioritization methods, and plans/roadmaps for effective implementation and measurement.
· Own solutions and effectively lead projects from planning through execution, including responsibility for aspects of project financial and operational health (e.g., margin, managed revenue, staffing, etc.).
· Mobilize teams, including creating clarity of roles and responsibilities and guiding prioritization, quality, and accuracy of team outcomes.
· Model brand stewardship, core values, and expected leadership and teamwork behaviors.
· Be willing and able to tactfully challenge clients and manage expectations on behalf of Slalom.
· Develop authentic, lasting relationships as a trusted advisor at all levels of client organizations.
· Participate in the development of the SoCal S&O practice and team, supporting methodology and intellectual capital development, training, communications, marketing, recruiting, and people development.
· Identify client/market needs and contribute to the pursuit of new business.
· Serve as a People Manager for direct reports and manage team members on projects, motivating them to perform, driving accountability, and developing their longer-term potential.
· Proactively grow and manage professional network in delivery environments and/or area(s) of expertise.
· Develop thought leadership in the S&O space through participating in industry events, ongoing training and development, panel discussions, publishing papers etc.
What You’ll Bring
· Experience with business strategy development and execution.
· Experience providing transaction advisory (buying, merging, or selling companies) and post-merger integration services.
· Operations experience (Supply Chain, Manufacturing, value stream and process optimization, etc.), with Lean and/or Six Sigma a plus.
· Experience leading project teams.
· Ability to influence executive-level clients.
· Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity and influence others to do the same.
· Highly proficient on Microsoft Excel to conduct data and financial analyses and Microsoft PowerPoint to present research findings, recommendations, and outcomes.
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud it invests in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.