|Senior Software Engineer - Software Development|
We're thrilled you're interested in joining Slalom, a modern consulting company focused in strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the globe, Slalom's teams have the autonomy to move fast and do what's right.
Who are Slalom Build?
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 9,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognised by our employees as a great place to work. We actively strive to create an environment where our people love their work and love their life.
To add further capability to the stellar work carried out by Slalom, Slalom Build was created ~8 years ago. The focus has been on creating our Build as a Service model: our teams carry out design, product engineering, analytics and automation projects that build highly bespoke, future-focussed technology products.
We have a deep AWS partnership and, together, we jointly deliver projects from within our AWS/Slalom Launch Centres. This means you’ll work with global brands but with a local focus.
As part of our plans for global expansion (see: world domination!) we have opened our Australian operations and will be headquartered in Melbourne. We have lofty expansion plans in APAC over the coming months and years: we're therefore seeking people passionate about joining a team at a time when no two days will be the same and growth will be rapid.
In this role, you'll enjoy the responsibility of owning the design, development, and delivery of creative DevOps and cloud solutions. You'll coordinate and contribute to a range of team projects while also being seen as an important contributor to technical discussions.
So, what will I do?
* As a member of a growing team, you’ll help to define and influence the team culture and environment.
* Work on solution-based, outcome-orientated projects with a highly skilled team, for some of the world’s top companies.
* Get the benefits of a consulting environment (fast pace, interesting and varied challenges) while remaining connected to a core, office-based team.
* Build hands-on experience using cutting-edge technologies and delivery methodologies.
* Be immersed in an agile project environment with small, focused delivery teams.
What you'll bring to Slalom:
* Experience developing multi-platform software utilising various programming environments and tools.
* Passionate about crafting and delivering high-quality products that meet and exceed customer expectations.
* A passion for ongoing learning and enhancing technical expertise.
* Strong problem-solving and software triage skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a constantly-evolving work environment.
* Knowledge of agile methodologies, QA processes and TDD.
Nice to haves:
* Have developed (either personally or professionally) a mobile app.
* Familiar with relational (SQL) and non-relational (document, key-value, column, graph) databases.
Our CBD co-working space is extremely well appointed. You'll love the relaxed vibe and variety of break out spaces to support your working style and aid creativity!
In addition, training and development of our people have been at the core of Slalom's success so expect to undertake informal learning, brown bag sessions as well as the opportunity to attend conferences and events to further enhance your capabilities to excel.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.