Does shaping the future excite you? Are you inspired by blending your passions and career? At Slalom, we are driven by diversity of thought, curiosity, and authenticity. We recognize that no two journeys are the same. Whether you embody all of these qualities or you are energized by loving your work and life, we want to hear from you!
Who are we at Slalom?
Slalom is a modern consulting firm passionate about strategy, technology, and business transformation. We redefine what's possible and create what's next.
In over 35 cities across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Role: Technology Change Acceleration Consultant
Slalom is seeking a Technology Change Acceleration Consultant to join our Organizational Effectiveness team. The Organizational Effectiveness team ensures our clients and their teams are equipped, engaged, and empowered to act quickly and strategically while embracing change.
- Understand the client’s business to craft effective organizational change, learning, organization design, communication, and/or talent management programs to drive business benefits of technology
- Develop target state models (IT Operating Models, Cloud Architectures, Change Management and Transformation Plans, IT Organization Designs) that align to the clients’ strategic needs
- Craft and execute improvement plans adapted to the client environment
- Mentor clients, work on projects independently, participate as a team member, and/or lead teams of consultants and/or clients to successful project delivery
- Development of “trusted-advisor” relationships within the IT/Data/Cloud/Engineering functions with clients in the Philadelphia market
- Design and conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results, and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner
- Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders
- Build and run measurement systems to supervise adoption, utilization, and proficiency of individual changes
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into overall project plans
- Work with IT, Engineering, HR, and OD specialists in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation
- 5+ years of organizational change, learning, organization design, communication, and/or talent management experience supporting technology transformations
- Proved experience in the following technology trends and transformation projects:
- IT Transformation Programs – Large scale technology implementations, Operating Model transformations, or IT Workforce Transformation initiatives
- IT Enablement Strategies – Change management and mobilization in one or more of the following (Agile, Cloud Migration, Application Modernization, Modern Culture of Data, Enterprise Architecture, Product Management)
- Emerging Technologies – Familiarity with and ability to ramp up in new technologies, e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, Big Data, IoT, and apply them individually or in combination to enable new business value
- Strong leadership skills, including experience in growing leadership responsibility and career growth in process improvement
- A history of mentoring and or instructing others to use organizational change, and/or learning methodologies
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with audiences of all levels
- Ability to apply a structured change leadership approach and methodology for the people-side change caused by projects and change efforts
- Develop a change leadership strategy based on a situational awareness of changes and the groups impacted
- Ability to identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address concerns
- Ability to develop a set of meaningful and targeted change leadership plans, including a communication plan, sponsor roadmap, mentorship plan, training plan, and resistance management plan
Desired, but not required:
- Certifications: TOGAF, ITIL v4, SAFe
- AWS Cloud Practioner, AWS Business Professional
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.