|Data & Analytics Practice Area Lead|
Practice Area Lead – Data & Analytics
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
The Charlotte office launched in late 2018 and broke records as the fastest growing first-year office in company history. Opportunity abounds for Slalom Charlotte as we have passed the 100+ team member mark, moved into a beautiful new space in the heart of South End, and were recently ranked as the #1 Best Place to Work in the large company category by the Charlotte Business Journal. Charlotte consultants can build something locally while exercising their entrepreneurial muscles within the context of a proven and growing company. With our local delivery model, we live and work alongside our clients creating a different level of partnership and intimacy in our relationships. Slalom employees gain a wide breadth of experience across a diverse range of industries that thrive in Charlotte.
Who you are:
Slalom Charlotte is currently seeking a Data & Analytics Practice Leader. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to grow and lead a rapidly expanding team of data science, data engineering, and data visualization consultants, and to work with thriving Charlotte clients as well as strategic partners AWS, GCP, Snowflake, etc.
You are an expert in at least one of the 4 key data & analytics verticals: data science, data engineering, data visualization, and data management. You have broad knowledge of all 4 and have helped clients adopt cutting edge technology to help with pain points across these capabilities. You enjoy solving client problems by creating high-performing teams, building expertise, and partnering whenever possible.
You will be accountable for the growth of the data and analytics practice, including driving sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects.
· Practice Building – Drive growth of the Slalom Charlotte Data & Analytics Practice with both our clients and partners through developing strategic solution offerings, driving thought leadership initiatives, and collaborating with other Slalom capability leads. Assemble best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to grow solution offerings.
· Business Development – Relationship building with executive-level client stakeholders and expansion of Slalom’s client portfolio in the Charlotte region. Guide business development activities, partnering with other Slalom leaders to grow new and existing client relationships.
· Team & Individual Development – Lead by example to build a team of leaders and engineers and create a passionate, team-player environment. Provide technical thought leadership in the data science and data engineering spaces. Support recruiting, on-boarding of new employees, and the development of leaders.
· Engagement Management – Deliver high-quality projects for Slalom clients while also providing engagement oversight, handling key project aspects such as engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, deliverable content, and consensus for proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
· Partner Management – Build and maintain foundational relationships with relevant Data & Analytics partners such as AWS, GCP, Microsoft, Snowflake, and more
· 10+ years of experience focused in Data & Analytics engagement–based consulting experience or equivalent industry experience
· Expertise in data warehousing, cloud data platforms, data science platforms, data visualization tools, and other relevant data & analytics technology
· Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base, organic business development, and acquiring new customers.
· Deep experience with managing and leading people, including mentoring and coaching skills
· Expert business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization)
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels, including client-facing skills