Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We redefine what's possible, and create what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in over 35 cities across the US and around the world, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
Job Title: Practice Leader
Slalom Consulting is looking for an entrepreneurial and progressive leader to lead the growth and success of our Southeast Salesforce team. The Practice Leader will provide thought leadership to our enterprise clients, set strategic direction for the Salesforce practitioners on the client site, and generally be accountable for ensuring the overall quality execution of business and technology consulting across all Salesforce engagements.
- Accountability for the practice, including driving quality, sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
- Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
- Team & Individual Development – Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
- Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- 50–60% target utilization at the designated enterprise client account
- Responsible for the profitability of all Salesforce offerings, with revenue management expectations of $2–5 million per year.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and maturation of Salesforce offerings
- Provides oversight and governance of all sold and managed Salesforce projects
- Drives business development with the proper information, tools, and subject matter expertise to sell engagements within the offering
- Builds and develops relationship / partnership with local market teams, aligning on sales pursuits, resource capacity and capabilities, and awareness across the region.
- Builds and develops relationships with Salesforce and owns joint sales pursuits
- Develops or supports the development of case studies and training materials; conducts brown bags and provides guidance for Salesforce Practice
- Develops or supports the development and delivery of best practices, delivery templates, and point-of-view papers
- Maintains awareness of industry best practices and business levers for cloud offerings and understands how Slalom practice areas interact
- Oversees quality assurance of project delivery
- Assigns practice area development tasks when resources are between projects
- Facilitates client satisfaction surveys (where applicable)
- Responsible for People\Career Management and project staffing
- Oversees alignment of regional resources to projects based on appropriate skills and availability, while being responsible for the overall utilization numbers of the regional team.
- Manages staff forecasting for the regional team based on collaboration with local market leaders to determine capacity and recruitment needs
- Supports recruiting and onboarding of new employees
- Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
- 10+ years’ experience in a large consulting environment
- Deep technical understanding of Salesforce
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies
- Expert at project delivery, including all aspects of program management and the SDLC
- Expert business development skills as well as managing relationships with both clients and internal stakeholders
- Expert communication (verbal and written)
- Expert business operations (e.g., invoicing, SOWs, margins, utilization)
- Skilled at managing multiple clients
- Excellent mentoring and leadership skills
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.