Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We redefine what's possible and create what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the US, UK, and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Role: Microsoft 365 Architect
Slalom is seeking a Microsoft 365 Architect to join our newly formed Regional Delivery Team (RDT). RDT helps our clients transform their businesses by providing local teams access to cutting edge capabilities and scarce expertise. You will help support, develop, and expand new capabilities throughout the region, which will require about 30-40% travel.
- Research, develop, and deploy Microsoft 365 solutions, including delivering proof of concepts
- Design, Plan and Execute Microsoft 365 migrations including Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Skype/MS Teams
- Design and plan business solutions with Microsoft Power Platform including Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Power BI
- Design and customize Microsoft 365 platform using SharePoint Framework, Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices, Microsoft Teams Development, and Microsoft Graph
- Design and plan for Identity Management (ADFS, Azure, Other) and Directory Sync supporting Microsoft 365 workloads
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to maximize Microsoft 365 functionality and user experience
- Stay current on Microsoft 365 features and capabilities including availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, backup, and security
- Lead technical discussions with clients that drive decisions and implementation
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems
- High standard of organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Participates in compliance and security reviews as necessary including working closely with internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the Microsoft 365/Exchange architecture
- Educate Clients on collaboration tools, policies, and best practices.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Significant hands-on experience in administering large Microsoft 365 (Office, Exchange, SharePoint, MS Teams, Azure AD, Intune), Exchange hybrid environments
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft 365 support technologies including but not limited to, Active Directory, DirSync, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), Azure Active Directory, Conditional Access Policies
- Significant experience in administering Active Directory environment using Windows 2008 or higher Servers
- Extensive experience in PowerShell and Scripting to support administration and automation of Active Directory and Microsoft 365 Technologies (MSOL, Exchange Online, SharePoint and OneDrive)
- Practical knowledge of SMTP routing, Active Directory/LDAP, DNS, Mail Routing, Exchange and SMTP Troubleshooting and Patch Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to senior leaders
Beneficial Qualifications (not required but definitely great to have)
- Experience and working knowledge with Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service platform, including planning, configuration, optimization and deployment
- Implementation-level experience with Microsoft InTune solutions
- Working knowledge of Azure AD, RMS, and Azure security-related products.
- Implementation-level knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure including Active Directory, Azure AD, Azure SSO, and MFA
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.