Enterprise Architect role
Slalom EAs establish credibility from the first meeting and continue to grow the client’s trust. They must bring together business and technology leaders and practitioners to frame a clear vision, a strategy to achieve it, and a road map to get there. They need to drive effective collaboration across disciplines, partners, and client business and technology groups to deliver that road map.
Slalom EAs also need to be “multi-lingual”. This means clearly communicating the vision, strategy, and road map to everyone from the CFO, to the client’s external partners, to an in-house full-stack developer, and empowering each of them to make the vision real. Then, when that inevitable thing happens when all great plans meet reality, Slalom EAs need to adapt to still deliver on the business outcome while everything else is shifting around them.
Enterprise Architecture is:
- Rolling up your sleeves and taking ownership of a client’s business problem, working side-by-side with all of the stakeholders, connecting the dots between the business, technologists, and the market, and using all the tools available to help the client get it done;
- Taking a new idea or a new technology, a problem, an opportunity or a concept and seeing it all the way through to measurable business outcomes; and
- Knowing when to lead, when to guide, and when to support.
How do our Slalom Enterprise Architects make this happen?
- Have experience working in multiple businesses, business domains, and industries;
- Have hands-on practical experience working with the latest technologies and have used these technologies to drive businesses forward;
- Have applied and adapted business and technology methodologies to drive business outcomes; and
- They know they can rely on their own professional networks, the 8,500+ consultants and experts that make up Slalom, our Slalom partners, and the clients themselves to bring together the best minds possible to tackle any given business challenge.
The things we love about being an Enterprise Architect?
- We’re embedded in the local community, and we get to work with the world's Fortune 500 and mid-market enterprises using the latest technology to realize their business visions;
- We collaborate with our Slalom colleagues, our partners, our community, and our clients on opportunities we couldn’t have imagined;
- With mentoring and coaching at the heart of our practice we get to take budding architects under our wings and help them realize their vision of being an EA; and
- Best of all, we’re forced to grow, and we're continuously challenged as technologies and our clients evolve ever faster.
You will ideally have:
- significant architecture experience, confident in shaping and defining technology strategies and roadmaps for large UK/global organisations
- awareness and an understanding of a range of technologies and brings deep expertise in a particular domain (‘T’) shaped
- experience designing and delivering end-to-end, enterprise-wide, solutions on multiple and large-scale (£m’s) change programmes
- experience implementing and managing architecture governance at a programme level and above. Is able to identify the key design decisions and options
- a structured approach, able to work under pressure delivering quality outputs to tight timescales
- some consulting experience/experience presenting to ‘C-level’ stakeholders
- some business development experience and is comfortable supporting pre-sales activities
- some experience working with common architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
What you can expect:
- An initial chat with our friendly recruiting team to check your general alignment for Slalom and the role;
- Two separate interviews with our EAs for you to see if Slalom is right for you, and for us to understand what challenges you’re looking to tackle next and test out your EA capabilities, experience, and soft skills;
- An interview with our practice leaders where you’ll present architecture deliverables you’ve created so we can see you in action, and talk further about your aspirations and experience so we can figure out if and where you fit into our practice; and
- A final interview with one of the Slalom Managing Directors to challenge us on all Slalom, purpose, vision, and growth.
Feel like you’re already doing this, but you want to do it with Slalom for our clients? We’d love to hear from you.
Feel like you’re on the path to becoming an Enterprise Architect, but you’re not quite there yet? We’d love to chat with you to see if we can take you from where you are today and grow you into a Slalom Enterprise Architect.
Slalom is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will work to reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the talent acquisition team if you require accommodations during the interview process.