|Principle, Tableau CRM|
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what is right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
In our Salesforce business, we help our clients bring the most impactful customer experiences to life and we do that in a way that makes our clients the hero of their transformation story. We are passionate about and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team, recognizing that diverse team members who are celebrated for bringing their authentic selves to work build solutions that reach more diverse populations in innovative and impactful ways. Our team is comprised of customer strategy experts, Salesforce-certified experts across all Salesforce capabilities, industry experts, organizational and cultural change consultants, and project delivery leaders. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to meaningful work that aligns to their personal and professional goals.
Job Title: Principle or Senior Principal Tableau CRM
Slalom is seeking an analytics leader proficient in Tableau CRM to drive the continued growth of our Salesforce analytics practice. This is an exciting opportunity for a results-driven and seasoned analytics leader to build and lead a high performing team of Salesforce analytics professionals that accelerate the growth of our analytics capabilities in Salesforce.
We are looking for an experienced leader that understands Tableau CRM and has the ability to lead the architecture, design, and development of Tableau CRM analytics solutions for Slalom’s customers. This leader should be able to demonstrate strong organizational, analysis, and communication skills as well as mastery of data structures and the Tableau CRM platform. This individual should be able to solve the customers’ problems by engaging the customer, providing deep analysis of their needs, providing direction to team members, and helping customers understand the art of the possible. The role requires an advanced understanding of Tableau CRM, analytics concepts, and the Salesforce platform in order to design impactful and supportable solutions that delight the customer.
· Analyze and understand: Partner with customer stakeholders to understand and document their business processes, data, and needs. Understand the personas, questions, and problems the customer is solving for. Partner with customers/clients to document the who, what, when and why, of their data. Investigate and document data definitions, sources, characteristics, limitations and priorities.
· Communicate and persuade: Provide clear and articulate verbal and written communication to customers, project team members, and project management. Lead customers to understand the ‘art of the possible’, and persuade them to adopt the best solutions. Manage the customer relationship and client expectations independently and as part of the team via written and verbal communication.
· Organize and Lead: Organize and create stories, plans, and tasks needed to accomplish the project. Understand and document story priorities and dependencies. Organize and direct junior team members, and provide tasks and assignment to onshore and offshore team
members. Collaborate with senior team members via regular project/scrum meetings, Jira, and other channels as needed.
· Architecture and Design: Design impactful, attractive, compelling solutions using Tableau CRM and associated platforms. Architect data and transformation processes including dataflows and datasets, as well as create dashboard wireframes and stories describing their function. Understand the impact of existing system architecture, dataflows, and network constraints and design solutions optimized for those realities. Conduct research and make recommendations on specific product components, services, protocols, and standards in support of design efforts as needed.
· Develop: Work as part of a team to develop the dataflows, dashboards, and associated assets utilizing Tableau CRM, the Salesforce platform, and related technologies. Partner with application developers and system owners to extract and load data relevant for the solution. Test what you build, and work with QA resources to provide and apply quality assurance and best practice adherence.
Education & Skills Required:
· Deep understanding of Tableau CRM including dashboard design, dataflow and dataset design, SAQL, dashboard UX, and best practices.
· Strong understanding of traditional BI concepts including star/snowflake schemas, cubes, and ETL.
· Strong understanding of relational database concepts such as SQL, Normalization, and data modeling.
· Track record of translating business strategies into solutions and plans to produce results.
· Ability to structure and prioritize work with a constant focus on quality.
· Experience delivery projects within the Agile framework.
· Demonstrable experience with release management.
· Demonstrable ability to lead project teams.
· Ability to think in advance about potential risks and mitigation plans.
· Logical Thinking - Able to think analytically, use a systematic and logical approach to analyze data, problems, and situations. Must be able to guide team members in analysis.
· 1+ years of active experience developing in Tableau CRM (2 years preferred).
· 2+ years experience leading project/delivery teams.
· 5 years experience delivering projects in Salesforce ecosystem.
· 10+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science, MIS or related technical discipline is required.
· 3 years consulting experience preferred.
· Experience designing and/or developing with traditional data warehouses, data marts or data lakes preferred. · Einstein Experienced accreditation required.