Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We redefine what's possible and create what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in over 35 cities across the US and around the world, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 300 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
Job Title: Salesforce - Field Service Lightning Practice Lead
Who You Are: An entrepreneurial and progressive leader to help lead the growth and success of our Field Service Lightning capability practice. As this leader will have deep expertise and experience navigating the sales and implementation process associated with Field Service Management engagements. They will provide the thought leadership, best practices for selling and delivery set the strategic direction this practice. This Practice Leader will be accountable for supporting the overall quality execution of business and technology consulting across all global Field Service Lightning Salesforce engagements. In addition, the Leader will help support enterprise-level Service and Support Transformation projects that include key Salesforce functionality associated with contact centers (Service Cloud, Community Cloud, CaaS, Cloud Telephony and Field Service Lightning).
- Accountability for the practice, including supporting the setting of the POV and strategic approach to growth for the practice as well as ensuring delivery quality, sales, recruiting, account management, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
- Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
- Team & Individual Development – Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
- Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk related to Field Service, project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Utilization targets – ensuring that the entire practice exceeds targets of 65%+ for an emerging practice.
- 25–30% target utilization target leveraging expertise as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and executive leadership on engagements.
- Responsible for the profitability of their Salesforce Field Service Lightning practice, with revenue target expectations of typically $12-20 million for the global practice.
- Identifies, creates, executes and drives the development of the most appropriate Salesforce offerings related to field service management, contact centers, service and support across all industries that drives revenue and pipeline growth. Oversees alignment of their practice resources to projects based on appropriate skills and availability, while being responsible for the overall utilization numbers of their global team.
- Provides oversight and governance of all sold and managed Salesforce Field Service Lightning projects through practice leadership and establishment of best practice process – as it relates to Slalom’s global practice and the needs within the local markets.
- Drives business development with the proper information, tools, and subject matter expertise to sell engagements within their solutions and offerings.
- Builds and develops relationship / partnership with local market teams, aligning on sales pursuits, resource capacity and capabilities, and awareness across global markets.
- Builds and develops relationships with Salesforce executives and field sales teams and owns account planning as well as key pursuits.
- Develops and supports the development of case studies and training enablement planning and materials; provides guidance for Salesforce Practice.
- Develops and supports the enhancements for delivery best practices, where appropriate, builds delivery templates, and white papers.
- Ideates with industry leaders on the best collaborative approach to scaling opportunities, growing teams and support of markets.
- Oversees quality assurance of project delivery where engaged.
- Manages the appropriate scale of the team to meet market needs and practice needs as a People Leader and Practice Leader.
- Collaborates with Alliance team to achieve expert status for their capability as well as tracking and ensuring appropriate ACV allocation.
- Responsible for hiring, People\Career Management, development and project staffing of the practice.
- Manages forecasting for the practice based on collaboration with local market leaders to determine appropriate growth targets and ensures success in attainment of these forecasts.
- Supports recruiting and onboarding of new employees for the practice.
- Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%.
- 10+ years’ experience in a large consulting environment
- Deep technical understanding of Salesforce Field Service Lightning with demonstrated leadership in both sales and delivery
- Active Salesforce certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies
- Expert at project delivery, including all aspects of program management
- Expert business development skills as well as managing relationships with both clients and internal stakeholders
- Expert communication (verbal and written)
- Advanced+ Capability leadership experience
- Expert business operations (e.g., invoicing, SOWs, margins, utilization)
- Skilled at managing multiple clients
- Excellent mentoring and leadership skills
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.