|Temp-Hire Senior Accountant|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. We are named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us across the U.S., U.K., Canada, and Australia.
Job Title: Temp-Hire Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant on the Compensation Accounting team is responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of processes that accurately capture, calculate, track, and report on bonus and incentives ensuring compliance with US GAAP and other accounting regulations. The role will be responsible for preparing journal entries, reconciliation and analyses relating to Compensation, and various duties to support downstream processes. The Senior Accountant must be highly detailed, results-driven, and have a great understanding of advanced accounting principles, accounting systems, analytical functions, internal controls, and monthly close processes. In addition, strong proficiency in Excel is required, including pivot tables, financial analysis, and V-lookups, among others.
We are Slalom Accounting:
You may be a candidate for this role if:
You adapt easily and see rapid changes to tasks, procedures, systems, and more as learning opportunities.
· Performs General Ledger accounting tasks such as journal entry preparation and Balance Sheet account reconciliations
· Resolves reconciling items on balance sheet accounts by working with appropriate partnering teams.
· Reviews financial statement fluctuations and prepares detailed supporting schedules
· Assists in fielding inquiries by researching and interpreting data
· Prepares and distributes accurate bonus accrual reporting to internal users and stakeholders
· Obtains appropriate approvals with documentation of exceptions for bonus awards & accruals that vary from calculations per source reporting
· Drive process improvements that increase accuracy and efficiency in repeatable, consistent best practices that enable scale
· Responds creatively to issues, change and high growth
· Supports annual audits and internal process reviews
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 4-5 years’ experience in General Ledger Accounting
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
· Maintains a high level of confidentiality and discretion
· Independent contributor with full ownership for successful delivery of job specific tasks
· Effective time management skills with the proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to recognize urgency in solving problems and respond creatively in a dynamic, rapidly evolving organization.
· Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and independently and think outside the box
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· CPA and/or Public accounting experience preferred
· Experience with Workday a plus
· Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19