Slalom is looking for a Principal/Senior Principal to join its growing Advanced Analytics team. This is a leadership role within the firm and responsibilities will be split between engagement delivery, business and capability development, and people management. Slalom is looking for an expert in the machine learning space with a highly technical background who also has experience delivering machine learning projects in the consulting space to lead and manage projects, people, and sales opportunities.
What you will do
- Acts as a senior client advisor in the advanced analytics space, through subject matter expertise and delivery
- Leads development and execution of new and/or highly complex algorithms and statistical predictive models
- Gathers models’ requirements, design experiments & analyses, query and manipulate data, build, and deploy predictive models, and interpret the outcomes for consumption by client leadership
- Work closely with project teams to build predictive models for a wide variety of applications, including sales forecasting, customer analytics, pricing analytics, text mining, and optimization and simulation
- Creates practice collateral, including go-to-market offerings, marketing materials, and thought leadership
- Manages highly complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing.
- Manages and mentors team members in advanced analytics topics, including computing, statistical programming, and
- Qualifies opportunities and progresses opportunities through the sale cycle (writing proposals and SOWs)
What you will Bring:
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial applications of qualitative, predictive, prescriptive statistics and AI/ML
- You will have meaningful experience in the Healthcare and Lifesciences (preferred), Financial Services, Media and/or Retail
- 10+ years of experience in the consulting industry or in leadership roles in Industry
- Proficiency in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
- Deep hands-on experience with data science toolkits (e.g. AWS SageMaker, GCP AI Hub, PySpark, PyTorch, TensorFlow PySpark, R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, perfection in Python is particularly desirable.
- Knowledge of building a wide variety of analytical models, including (but not limited to) decision trees, random forest, linear & logistic regression, market basket, neural networks, naïve Bayes, and support vector machines
- Experience with DevOps and MLOps
- Experience with large data sets, 3rd party data acquisition and operating in a cloud environment
- Experience working with databases, data modeling, ETL, and Hadoop technologies
- Skilled in extracting, cleansing, and visualizing data with the unique ability to translate complex models into visuals and actionable business insights
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with AWS and SPARK, including EMR, ML Pipeline and MLlib
- Experience with people management and engagement delivery
- Real Passion for working collaboratively in team environment to deliver premier client solutions
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with emphasis on presentation skills