|Practice Leader-Product Engineering|
Who You’ll Work With
As a modernized technology company, our Slalom Technologists are disrupting the market and bringing to life the art of the possible for our clients. We have passion for building strategies, solutions and creative products to help our clients solve their most complex and interesting business problems. We surround our technologists with interesting challenges, innovative minds and emerging technologies.
Do you want to lead a talented team of innovative software engineers and designers, working to develop and craft solutions for our clients? Would you like to help fuel a thriving product-oriented engineering culture at the best consulting firm on the planet? If so, come join Slalom San Francisco’s Product Engineering and Technology Enablement practice area as a practice leader, connecting our client’s most complex and interesting business problems with our tremendous Slalom talent and capability.
As a leader within the Product Engineering practice, you will participate in business development activities – working with clients to scope and shape engagements with a solutioning mindset, building relationships with businesses within San Francisco. You will help lead our team – coaching, mentoring and promoting the growth of our team members to build expertise and expand our capabilities. And you will be knee deep in the delivery of complex digital solutions – spanning the gamut from architecting applications, rationalizing technology decisions with a whole business mindset, building microservices, machine learning or IoT solutions, APIs, and more.
Come innovate with us and create new growth opportunities for Slalom! We can’t wait to empower you to get started.
· Quickly assess and understand business goals and translate those into appropriate technical solutions
· Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities, and analyze findings to provide appropriate solution recommendations and adoption strategy
· Collaborate to come up with the right project model for each client’s unique needs – understanding how to build a team with the right skills to deliver the best outcomes
· Create the conceptual, logical, and physical design for full-stack web and mobile software solutions
· Develop presentations for Slalom leadership teams around software engineering solution offerings
· Develop and deliver proposals to clients including content, budgetary estimates, and resource requirements
· Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals
· Provide technical direction and oversight to software engineering and user experience implementation teams
· Evangelize domain expertise and practice capabilities within Slalom and within the community
· Help foster community and excellence among Slalom’s product engineering team, as well as our broader Technology Enablement practice
· Previous experience working with business stakeholders to scope and estimate
· Excellent executive presence and demonstrated comfort communicating with C-suite level executives
· B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience
· 10+ years creating custom digital applications (e.g., cloud-based web, mobile, API products)
· 2+ years of experience direct management experience
· Experience designing large-scale software systems which are extensible, fault-tolerant, and maintainable
· DevOps and continuous delivery experience (pipeline design, automated deployment, automated acceptance testing, configuration management)
· Experience with agile software development practices
· Strong analytical problem-solving ability
· Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a project team leader
· Project experience implementing software engineering and DevOps services for business teams or consumers
· Product knowledge and understanding of IaaS/PaaS platforms including: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
· Product/project management experience
· User interface or user interaction design experience
· Software performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 39 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud it invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance. Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.