|Cloud Data Architect|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 8,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For five consecutive years from 2016 - 2020 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 35+ cities across the U.S., U.K., Australia, and Canada.
Cloud Data Architect
Slalom Consulting’s Houston office is seeking an experienced Cloud Data Architect to contribute to its growing Data & Analytics practice. The ideal candidate is a professional with experience in designing, developing, validating and communicating enterprise-wide data solutions using modern tools and cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure. Deep experience in developing enterprise data management strategies including data lake/warehouse implementations, data movement, data services, data acquisition, data conversion, and archive/recovery.
Who are you?
• You have passion for data!
• You’re a smart, collaborative person who is excited about technology and driven to get things done.
• You’re not afraid to be bring your authentic self to work.
• You embrace a continuous learner mentality.
What technologies will you be using?
Every element of a modern data & analytics stack. It’s about using the right technologies to solve problems and playing with new technologies to figure out how to apply them intelligently. We work with technologies across the board.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
• 8+ years of relevant experience with 4+ years in a data architect role
• Expert in capturing end users requirements and align technical solutions to the business objectives
• Experience in leading, designing and implementing Cloud Data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps
• Be versed in Cloud solutions (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) or Big Data solutions and related technologies
• Understanding of distributed systems and architecture design trade-offs. Expertise in data architecture concepts such as data modeling, workflow management, ETL/ELT, real-time streaming)
• Understanding data management and governance concepts such as data quality, metadata management, etc.
• Hands-on project experience with scripting/programming languages and supporting tools such as Python, Java, Scala, Bash
• Explore emerging technologies vendors and recommend/advise clients on referential architectures
• Experience in designing data engineering solutions using open source and proprietary cloud data pipeline tools such as Airflow, Glue and Dataflow
• Experience with such as JSON, XML, YAML
• Experience with code management tools (e.g. Git, SVN) and DevOps tools (e.g. Docker, Bamboo, Jenkins)
• Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving challenging development and integration problems
• Strong analytical problem-solving ability
• Great presentation skills, written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in leading data platform development teams
• Experience deploying data science projects into production at scale
• Understanding of impacts to process, required governance, and operations
We're an equal opportunity employer, and strive to find ways to attract, develop, and retain highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live. Decisions and criteria concerning the employment relationship with all employees are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, citizenship, disability (as defined by applicable law) or any other characteristic protected by law.