Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 28 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
About the Role
The Organizational Effectiveness consultant is responsible for helping internal or external audiences prepare for changes that occur as a result of a significant process, technology, or organization change efforts. This role focuses on the people and behavior side of change, supporting, strategizing, and executing change management plans in accordance with established OE guidelines, framework and processes.
- Work closely with project team to understand specific project objectives, timelines, and impacts to end users.
- Work directly with sponsors or business owners of the change; understand goals for the change and be able to translate them into impacts to the organization.
- Assess audience readiness for the change including identifying risks and anticipated points of resistance; evaluate the results and present findings.
- Develop an actionable change management strategy for the change based on situational awareness of the details of the change.
- Develop or manage communication and training plans that utilize various channels and are consumable by specific audiences.
- Assess and develop plan to address change risks.
- Execute or manage deliverables against the communication plan, crafting or coordinating clearly articulated messages that prepare and motivate users for adopting the change.
- Develop training materials to help ensure users have the knowledge and ability necessary to successfully adopt the implemented changes.
- Deliver classroom training as needed.
- May potentially lead or help manage other OE resources in the same project or work stream.
- Identify resistance and/or performance gaps, and work to develop and implement responsive actions.
- Create and enable reinforcement plans and celebrations of success.
- Share lessons learned and best practices with project team, OE team, business owners, and sponsors.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven success leading or managing OE activities on a high-complexity, program-wide change.
- Excellent interpersonal and active listening skills. Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences using various channels.
- Proven ability to develop clear, concise training materials using industry-standard development tools.
- Experience delivering classroom training.
- 3-7 years of experience supporting organizational change management efforts.
- Formal training and hands on experience in an organizational change methodology.
- Ability to interact with leadership and staff at all levels; strong personal presence.
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.