|Solution Architect – Software Development|
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Who You Are
You have a passion for leading the design, development and delivery of innovative cloud, web and mobile applications while working on team-based projects. You are excited about and dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions for clients in a dynamic and constructive environment. You are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities, lead from the front, challenge the status quo and build other team members through technical and professional mentorship.
• Designing, documenting, and developing world-class enterprise applications using the full spectrum of enterprise technologies and design patterns
• Collaborating with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Defining the scale and scope of projects, including logical and physical landscape requirements, and design, development, and deployment efforts
• Mentoring engineers in development best practices, design principles and advanced technologies
• Leading project teams through everyday project tasks
• Working with practice leadership on reviewing and learning new technologies and trends
• Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
• Ability to architect, develop and implement software products
• Deep hands-on knowledge of one or more of the following:
o JVM technologies: such as Java/Scala, Spring/Play/Jersey, Hibernate/JOOQ, Netflix OSS
o .NET stack: such as C#, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC), .NET Core
• Strong background in relational databases, such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
• Knowledge and understanding of RESTful service design
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Experience with designing, developing, and implementing across LINUX/UNIX and Windows server operating systems
• Skilled with the object-oriented UML artifacts sequence, class and component diagrams and user stories
• Displayed understanding of object-oriented analysis and design techniques
• Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought-out solutions
• Proven experience leading development and/or project teams
• Experience with collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
• Strong customer-facing and communication skills
• Mobile Applications - Android, iOS (Swift, Objective-C), or Hybrid (Xamarin, Ionic, etc.)
• Non-Relational Databases - MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Cosmos DB, BigTable.
• Cloud Architecture – AWS / Azure / GCP
• DevOps CI/CD
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.