Build your career. Own your life.
At Slalom, we put people first. Every individual who joins us becomes part of our fabric, weaving their talents and perspectives into the greater whole of who we are. Our local model enables our consultants to get off the road and make a large impact to local clients in their own communities. We strive to always go above and beyond in everything we do, and it shows in our results:
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2016-2019
• Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2016-2019
Join Slalom’s Cloud and Infrastructure Practice to help deliver engaging, modern cloud solutions and applications in a growing practice. As a member of the Cloud and Infrastructure team, you will analyze, design and architect cloud based solutions to address our clients’ needs for infrastructure-as-a-service, platform-as-a-service and software-as-a-service. We are looking for sharp, disciplined, and self-motivated individuals who have a passion for utilizing the cloud solutions from Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services to solve real business problems for our customers.
Defining Your Success:
We would look for you to be comfortable with the following tasks and actions:
• Be versed in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform cloud solution, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
• Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals
• Provide technical direction and oversight to cloud implementation teams
• Create the conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms
• Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
• Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation and scalability
To be successful in this role, we are looking for consultants with:
• B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience
• 5+ years project experience deploying cloud solutions (AWS or Azure)
• 3+ years architecting and implementing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
• Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud based services for business teams or consumers
• Deep product knowledge and understanding of product features including: Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, Automation, DevOps, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Virtualization, Vmware, Citrix
• Experience configuring and tuning virtual private clouds
• Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading edge cloud emerging technologies
• Preferred certifications
• AWS: Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
• Position located in Twin Cities Metro
• Slalom operates under a local consulting model and we treat travel as an opt-in only. It is unlikely that travel outside of your local market would be required.
Our process is highly personalized. Some candidates complete their process in one week, others can take several weeks or even months. Deciding to take a new job is a big decision, so regardless how long or short the process may be for you, the most important thing is that you find your dream job.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.