|QE Practice Area Lead - Quality Engineering|
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Practice Area Lead
Slalom is seeking senior candidates for Quality Engineering (QE) Leader roles within its rapidly growing Software QE Practice. This role includes the delivery of consulting and strategy services to clients that are looking to establish better software engineering and quality engineering practices. It requires leading teams of QE/testing personnel performing both manual and automated testing, working directly with senior clients, while providing thought leadership to define and implement testing and test automation strategies. Additionally, qualified candidates will contribute by developing assets for the practice, participating in business development activities, and by leading Slalom people as a part of their core responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will have 10+ years in the Software QE (or related) field, with 3-5 years serving as a Quality/Test Lead or Manager. Experience should extend across both manual and automated testing, as well as QE delivery in Agile delivery models.
· Client delivery: A variety of roles and responsibilities relating to Quality Engineering work for our clients
· People Management: Coaches, guides, and mentors consultants and leaders to ensure success and ongoing skill development
· Operations: Responsible for the financial health of the team
· Staffing & Opportunities: Represents team’s capabilities and operating model and balances strategic vision and tactical needs
· Solution Lead in Pursuits: Drives and promotes the Slalom Product Engineering Methodology (PEM) from proposal through delivery
· Lead large scale projects for clients of various sizes and across different industries and locations
· Responsible for optimizing and maturing our QE capability, including training, methodologies and IP development
· Develops and promotes innovative solutions, methodologies, and messaging
· Identifies opportunities for growth/maturation of capability
· Recognized as a Quality Engineering expert, and actively builds and maintains strong and collaborative relationships across Slalom
· Leads hiring activities to grow the practice, working closely with the Slalom recruiting function
· Support and deliver workshops with clients
· Active in the technology community through various channels including conferences, meetups, blogging, etc.
· Qualified candidates will have 10+ years in the Software QE (or related) field, with 3-5 years serving as a Quality/Test Lead or Manager.
· Test automation experience across the automation pyramid (e.g. UI, API, Unit)
· Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
· Diverse experiences in leading test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
· Delivery leadership within Agile methodology projects (e.g. Scrum)
· Proficiency using common test management tools (e.g. TestRail, HP ALM)
· Breadth of experience in various QE-related roles from Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) through QE Management, including automation framework developer, performance engineer, defect manager, release manager, and data or environment manager
· People Management experience
· QE/testing practice development
· Additional technical experience across areas such as Unit testing, API testing, DevOps, and custom tool development
· Consulting experience working with senior level clients (directors, C-level)
· Clear emphasis and career focus on QE
· QE/testing, project management, and Scrum master certifications
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law. Slalom Welcomes And Encourages Applications From People With Disabilities. Accommodations Are Available On Request
For Candidates During All Aspects Of The Selection Process. Please Advise The Recruiter To Ensure Your Accessibility Needs Are Accommodated. Information Received Relating To Accommodation Will Be Addressed Confidentially.