|Business Advisory Services, Consultant (Talent and Organizational Effectiveness)|
Build your career. Own your life.
At Slalom, we put people first. Every individual who joins us becomes part of our fabric, weaving their talents and perspectives into the greater whole of who we are. Our local model enables our consultants to get off the road and make a large impact to local clients in their own communities. We strive to always go above and beyond in everything we do, and it shows in our results:
· Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For 2017
· Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2016
· Consulting Magazine Best Firms to Work For 2017
· Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work (100% Corporate Equality Index) 2015-2016
Slalom’s Organizational Effectiveness (OE) practice enables companies to get the most business value from their people, processes, and technologies. Members of our OE team are experienced leaders, change practitioners, talent development experts, and leadership development specialists who build customized solutions for people-facing projects.
What You Possess
Our OE consultants are leaders and savvy collaborators, with expertise in delivering value and significant impact to businesses of different scale and scope, especially with regard to moving the needle on organizational transformation initiatives.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for consultants with:
· 5+ years proven success leading client-facing consulting engagements in organizational effectiveness, employee experience, leadership development, high performing teams, and culture change
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage teams and complex work streams and gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
· Exceptional project delivery experience including all aspects of program and project management, with a preference for the use of Agile methodologies and frameworks
· Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth in organizational effectiveness
Defining Your Success
We would look for you to be comfortable with the following tasks and actions:
· Deliver talent management strategies to enable organizations to acquire, fully deploy and engage their people to achieve strategic business objectives
· Assisting in the implementation of strategy, business initiatives, and organizational and cultural changes for leadership alignment, change leadership, stakeholder and employee engagement, large scale program design, organization performance, and communications
· Design and implement L&D programs to increase talent operating models and platforms to maximize the value and return on the development investment
· Understand the client’s business to design effective processes, organizations, change and learning programs to drive real business benefits
· Work on projects independently, participate as a team member, or lead teams of less experienced consultants to successful project delivery
· Position located in Silicon Valley, CA
· Slalom operates under a local consulting model and we treat travel as an opt-in only. It is unlikely that travel outside of your local market would be required
Within Slalom, we are agile nativists so like to move quickly yet thoroughly. We have an interview process that will help us assess your OE knowledge and experience, provide an opportunity for us to get to know each other, all in a surprisingly fun environment – we’re not here to make you feel uncomfortable or stressed, we’re all about our people.
· Phone Screen with Recruitment – we’ll ask questions on background, experience, and see if there is a 2-way fit between yourself and Slalom
· Visit #1 to Slalom office – 1st in person interview with Recruitment plus a skills assessment with members of our OE team
· Visit #2 to Slalom office – OE case study and interview with our Practice Leader. This will be followed by a final interview with a member of our Silicon Valley Leadership Team
Our Tips for a Successful Application
We want you to be successful and become a part of our awesome team. Here are some tips for an application with Silicon Valley Organizational Effectiveness;
· Be unique. Be authentic. However you prefer to say it, we really mean it. Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs
· As consultants, we are required to be thorough in our client delivery and this is a key element we will assess during the interview process. Take time to research our company (www.slalom.com), the role, and your prospective peers
· Bring a Point of View. At Slalom, our clients look to us to bring the latest market trends and industry thinking. We are therefore looking for consultants who have different experiences, an opinion on how to improve current processes, plus taking the time to remain in-line with the skills required in the current market
· Have fun! We want to see you in your natural working environment and assess your full potential. At Slalom. We like to enjoy our work and our colleague’s presence, this is what makes us a great company to work for
Diversity the Slalom way
We want our people to bring their authentic selves to work.
Here, diversity is much more than numeric representation. It’s the daily inclusive dialogue, breadth of perspective, and participatory decision-making. From taking action and nurturing an open, collaborative work environment, to seeking more diverse representation in leadership, inclusion is embedded in the DNA of our culture and in the way we do business.
As we cultivate diversity at Slalom, we continually strive to understand and enhance what it means for our people, our clients, and the success of our company. We work hard to create environments where diversity is encouraged so each and every employee can truly love their future.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.