DevOps Engineer, Technology Enablement
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 27 cities across the US, UK, and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by seven regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Do you want to lead the design, development, and delivery of creative DevOps and cloud solutions while working on team-based projects? Would you like to help fuel a growing software engineering culture at the best consulting firm in the world? Join Slalom and help build strategies and systems to help our clients solve their most complex and interesting business problems. If you are invigorated by new challenges, seek out new learning opportunities, lead from the front, challenge the status quo, and develop the skills of team members through technical and professional mentoring.
• Work on continuous builds and integrations, and ensure the repeatability and stability of build.
• Incorporate product testing and metrics gathering as part of the pipeline.
• Develop pipelines so that products are ready for deployment.
• Lead efforts around automating operations and making developed code easily automatable, operable and maintainable.
• Help determine key architecture decisions.
• Design, build, test, and deploy highly scalable and resilient cloud-based applications on private and public clouds.
• 5+ years of building, deploying and operating web apps.
• Knowledgeable of the CI/CD tools and techniques necessary to design automated deployments using a DevOps approach.
• Experience with cloud containers, specifically Kubernetes.
• Experience with Source Control (Atlassian, Git, Visual Studio) and Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
• Demonstrates AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud knowledge in a production environment (e.g. network, security, deployment, automation, serverless technologies).
• Experience with one or more scripting language (Python, Perl, PowerShell).
• Experience collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project.
• Demonstrates growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
• Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.