Amazon Web Services Consultant:
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 5,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
About the Role
Join Houston’s growing Technology Enablement Practice as a Cloud Consultant and help deliver engaging, modern cloud solutions, strategies, migrations and applications at one of the Nation’s top-rated consultancies. As a member of the Technology Enablement team, you will analyze, design and architect cloud based solutions to address our clients’ needs for infrastructure-as-a-service, platform-as-a-service and software-as-a-service. We are looking for sharp, disciplined, and self-motivated individuals who have a passion for utilizing the cloud solutions from Amazon Web Services to solve real business problems for our customers.
Position located in Houston, TX.
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution.
- Be the solution ambassador for Amazon Web Services cloud solution, architecture, related technologies and their inter-dependencies.
- Create innovative solutions leveraging cloud platforms to solve client business challenges.
- Gather requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud recommendations and adoption strategy.
- Demonstrate expertise via client workshops and learning whiteboard sessions.
- Create conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms.
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems.
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation and scalability.
- Share the leading practices with internal team members and clients.
- Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals.
- Provide technical direction and oversight to cloud implementation teams.
- A B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience.
- 4+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions (AWS).
- 3+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies.
- Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud based services for business teams or consumers.
- Deep product knowledge and understanding of product features including:
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Solutions
- Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- Deep knowledge and understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage.
- An understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies.
- Experience configuring and tuning cloud hosted solutions and platforms.
- Experience supporting production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment.
- Experience with performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques.
- Experience with encryption and key management principles and design patterns.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies).
- Experience with automation and DevOps principles.
- Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team with limited supervision.
- Automation experience with ARM Templates, Visual Studio, CloudFormation, Resource Manager, Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Container configuration and implementation experience with Docker, Vagrant and Kubernetes.
- AWS: Certified Solutions Architect
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.