|Solution Architect - Software Development (Full-Stack)|
About Slalom Build
Slalom Build is a highly-scalable, high-velocity Build as a Service firm. We work with clients to close the distance between dream and reality, imagined possibility and technical realization.
We do this by blending design, product engineering, analytics, and automation to build the modern technology products of tomorrow.
Nearly 1000 builders strong in seven Build Centers across North America, Slalom Build leverages a foundation of innovation inherited from Slalom Consulting. We’re intensely proud to partner with future-focused clients committed to disrupting their industries.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Solution Architect - Software Development (Full-Stack)
Do you want to lead the design, development and delivery of innovative cloud, web and mobile applications while working on team-based projects? Would you like to help fuel a thriving software engineering culture at the best consulting firm on the planet?
If so, come join Slalom’s Build team as an experienced Solution Architect who is passionate and dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions for clients in a dynamic and constructive environment.
The ideal candidate is invigorated by new challenges, seeks out new learning opportunities, leads from the front, challenges the status quo and builds other team members through technical and professional coaching.
• Designing, documenting, and developing world-class enterprise applications leveraging the full spectrum of Java or .NET/C# technologies and design patterns
• Collaborating with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
• Defining the scale and scope of projects, including logical and physical landscape requirements, and design, development, and deployment efforts
• Mentoring consultants in development best practices, design principles, and advanced technologies
• Leading project teams through everyday project tasks
• Working with practice leadership on reviewing technology trends to determine strategic areas for future concentration
• 7+ Years in deep hands-on knowledge of ONE of the following:
• Java J2EE technologies: Designing and developing using two or more of the Java frameworks: Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Apache (Axis, Xerces, etc.) or JDOM AND/OR .NET; including C#, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC), SQL Server, and related MS technologies
• Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply the gained knowledge to address business problems
• Experience with architecting/implementing applications across multiple platforms
• Experience with both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies
• Experience with designing, developing, and implementing across LINUX/UNIX and Windows server operating systems
• Experience with leading development teams through everyday project tasks
• Experience with collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project
• Experience with the object-oriented UML artifacts sequence, class and component diagrams and user stories
• Displayed understanding of object-oriented analysis and design techniques
• Ability to think critically and solve problems with well thought-out solutions
• Non-Relational Databases - MongoDB, CouchDB/Couchbase, etc.
• Cloud Architecture – AWS / Azure
• Strong customer-facing consulting skills
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.