Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 4,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
- Create innovative solutions leveraging cloud platforms to solve client business challenges.
- Gather requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud recommendations and adoption strategy.
- Create conceptual, logical and physical design for cloud-based solutions for infrastructure and platforms.
- Be well versed in AWS and/or Microsoft Azure, technology architecture, associated vendor products, and their interdependencies.
- Provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations based on your definition and analysis of the client's technical requirements while advising and leading the client to their Cloud adoption strategy.
- Learn and adopt new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation, and scalability.
- Share the leading practices and cloud emerging technologies with internal team members and clients.
- Collaborate as part of larger delivery teams which may include project managers, business analysts, architects, developers, and change management professionals.
- B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience.
- 4+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud based solutions (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 3+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies.
- Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud based services for business teams or consumers.
- Deep product knowledge and understanding of product features including:
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Solutions
- Containers, Docker, Virtualization, VMware, Citrix
- Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- Automation and DevOps (Git, Jenkins, CLI, ARM, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- An understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies including:
- Configuring and tuning cloud hosted solutions and platforms.
- Supporting production applications or workloads in a cloud-based environment
- Performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation techniques
- Encryption and key management principles and design patterns
- Networking principles and technologies (DNS, Load Balancers, Reverse Proxies).
- Automation and DevOps principles
- Microsoft Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Single-sign-on (SSO) solutions including SAML and OAuth authentication options.
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns and usage.
- Sizing hardware and storage needs.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team with limited supervision.
- Automation experience with ARM Templates, Visual Studio, CloudFormation, Resource Manager, Puppet, Chef and Ansible.
- Container configuration and implementation experience with Docker, Vagrant and Kubernetes.
- Experience working on Agile projects (Scrum or Kanban)
- Previous consulting experience, especially a Big 4 consulting firms or specialty cloud consulting firms
- MCTS: Cloud/Azure
- AWS: Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.