Slalom is an experience-led consulting company. We define, shape, and design lasting, meaningful, and impactful experiences. Now we’re looking for one more empathic experience designer to join our team.
In this role, you should be able to craft seamless web and application experiences and products. We are seeking candidates with a visual design background and/or an understanding of traditional information architecture and user experience. Finally, we’re looking for a designer with empathy—someone who cares about listening to other people, understanding the human experience, and making things that matter.
As an experience designer, you’ll work alongside designers, developers, and clients to implement the solutions you design. We are crafting transformational experiences and would love to have you on our team.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear your story.
What you'll do
• Use your skills in color, typography, layout and brand to create beautiful user interfaces
• Create and maintain pattern libraries to guide developers in their work
• Work closely with developers to ensure design integrity
• Participate in collaborative review sessions and work through feedback, with both teams and clients
• Dive into research and data to provide insights into user behavior
• Produce evaluations regarding the usability of products and digital properties
• Work with the UX lead to bring user research to life through personas, journey and experience maps, and other artifacts
• Contribute to user stories definition, shaping web and mobile products and applications
• Produce wireframes, clickable prototypes, sitemaps, user flows and other architecture and interaction design deliverables
• Help facilitate user testing and synthesize output to drive iteration and evolution
• Review UI to ensure proper implementation and work with technical teams to hone experience and polish
• Take on leadership, facilitation, and client review responsibilities as you grow into a UX Lead
What we’re looking for
• 1-3 years of experience in interaction design, information architecture or visual design
• Quick starter and nimble/creative under project constraints
• Keen attention to hierarchy, contextual meaning, information presentation and information organization
• Real passion for seamless design and the creative process
• Strong interest in and passion for learning new technologies and design skills
• Understanding of grid systems, responsive web and mobile app design
• Work in the latest design tools, such as Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Axure, and/or Adobe Creative Suite
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
• A portfolio demonstrating your visual acumen, attention to detail, and passion for this amazing field.