|Data Visualization Consultant|
Data Visualization Consultant, Data & Analytics
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 29 cities across the US, UK, and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by seven regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, 2017 and 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Data & Analytics at Slalom
The Data & Analytics team at Slalom is a full-service data practice with competencies across information strategy, modern data architecture, data visualization, and data science. Data visualization is the art of conveying insights in an intuitive and compelling way to drive understanding and decision making from key executives on down to operational analysts. You will operate at the intersection of business, analytics, and design. You will design, development, and implementation of these visual solutions for Slalom Consulting’s clients. Are you ready to join our All-Star team of Analytics Consultants?
• Responsible for the design and development of compelling data visualizations via a variety of techniques.
• Build tailored Tableau, Power BI, or other visualizations and define required supporting data architecture (e.g., data marts).
• Collaborate with both business and IT partners to identify key use cases and define associated requirements.
• Provide thought leadership, best practices, and standards required to deliver effective and sustainable solutions to clients.
• Lead and mentor data visualization developers in information presentation and delivery.
• 5+ years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the field of Business Intelligence or Information Management.
• 3+ years of hands-on expertise with at least one enterprise Business Intelligence tool (e.g., Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
• Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Consulting experience a plus.
• Demonstrable proficiency with multiple enterprise Business Intelligence tools.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, including the ability to write stored procedures, triggers, analytic/windowing functions, and tuning.
• Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, and practices.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.