Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 30 markets across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers.
Founded in 2011 and headquarters in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 7,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work.
Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Join Slalom Orange County's growing Technology Enablement team. As a Cloud Engineer, you will analyze, design and architect cloud-based solutions to address our clients’ needs for infrastructure-as-a-service, platform-as-a-service, and software-as-a-service. We are looking for sharp, focused, and self-motivated individuals who have a real passion for utilizing the cloud solutions from Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform to solve real business problems for our customers.
Are you ready to join a world-class team delivering the latest cloud technology solutions? Then apply today and come work with some of the most highly decorated next gen Cloud Practitioners in Southern California.
• Work alongside a best-in-class team to design and develop cloud solutions
• Gather technical requirements, assess client capabilities and analyze findings to provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
• Define Cloud strategies, including crafting multi-phased implementation roadmaps
• Be versed in Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure cloud solutions, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies
• Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and meaningful development and integration problems
• Learn and embrace new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation, and scalability
• Mentor other Slalom team members
• Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
• Provide technical direction and oversight to cloud implementation teams
• 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
• 2+ years of experience implementing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
• Project experience implementing core infrastructure, networking and cloud-based services for business teams or consumers
• Previous consulting experience
• Product knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
• At least one cloud certification (Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
• Practical experience sizing hardware and storage needs
• Strong analytical problem-solving ability
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
• Capability to perform Performance analysis, troubleshooting, and remediation
• Understanding of cloud ecosystem and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.