|Practice Director - Technology|
Slalom Silicon Valley is currently seeking a talented technology Technology Executive to drive results by producing a well-managed, profitable, and growing book of technology delivery opportunities. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to sell and build strategic relationships with the fasting growing companies in Silicon Valley.
Our Silicon Valley market has +25% year over year growth since inception in 2014 and has continued to hire and grow at the fastest paces of any consulting firm in the valley. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual that seeks exposure to multiple top-tier clients, industries, and solutions to help solve highly strategic product based solutions.
The individual in this role will serve Slalom’s clients as a trusted partner, building and executing technology solutions at the highest level of delivery expertise. Successful candidates must thrive in a people-based corporate culture and be passionate about identifying new client opportunities and growing the Slalom team and brand. We are looking for a thoughtful, highly motivated, solution and customer centric individual to drive the continued growth and success of our technology teams.
The Practice Area Director will provide thought leadership to our clients, set strategic direction for the practice, drive sales, recruiting, and operational efficiencies. This individual will also be accountable for ensuring the overall quality of execution across a breadth of expertise areas in our Technology Practice that include Technology Strategy, Software Engineering (Front End, Mobile, Custom), Cloud/DevOps & Security leveraging LEAN and Agile approaches.
· Accountability for the practice, including driving sales, revenue, recruiting, delivery, consulting, and all operational aspects, including:
· Practice Building – Drive overall growth of practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought leadership.
· Business Development – Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of the Company.
· Team & Individual Development – Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job satisfaction.
· Engagement Management – Manage engagement risk, project economics including planning and budgeting, managing accounts receivable, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
· Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing clients
· Manage executive and Senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships and expand Slalom’s client portfolio
· Work with teams to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings
· Participate in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements; manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership
· Mentor, develop, and proactively support practice capabilities per market demand
· Support recruiting and on boarding of new employees and development of leaders
· 10+ years of experience focused in software engineering engagement–based consulting experience or equivalent industry experience
· P&L experience from a comparably sized consulting firm
· Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
· Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up
· Deep experience with managing people, including mentoring and leadership skills
· Background in full stack software engineering and agile delivery
· Expert business operations experience (e.g., invoicing, SOW, margins, utilization)
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills