|Solution Architect - Java|
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 25 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: Solution Architect – Java
The Solution Architect will be involved in meeting with clients to discuss their business challenges and helping them evaluate and arrive at the best-fit technology solution. This includes collaborating with delivery managers to assess work effort for a solution, working with highly skilled Slalom team members to design and develop cutting-edge solutions, and celebrating with clients following a successful implementation. The ideal candidate is invigorated by new challenges, seeks out new learning opportunities, leads from the front, challenges the status quo, and builds other team members through technical and professional coaching.
· Evaluate client business challenges and work with the team to arrive at the best-fit technology solution
· Design, document, and develop world-class applications leveraging the full spectrum of technologies and design patterns
· Collaborate with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
· Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project
· Work on POC projects with cutting-edge technologies
· Multiple platform development experience
· Strong knowledge of Java EE technologies, including JSF & JSP; designing and developing using multiple Java frameworks: Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Maven, and application servers such as JBoss, Websphere, etc.
· Experience with object-oriented design and development techniques; understanding of development best practices.
· Experience with Agile project management methodologies
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Able to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
· Successful working both independently and as part of a team.
· Passion for DevOps and infrastructure-as-code
• Experience Influencing Software Design And Technology Selection
• Contributing To The Shared Knowledge Of Various Technologies In Different Development Communities
• Mentored And Developed Fellow Engineers
• Have Developed (Either Personally Or Professionally) A Mobile App Using Xamarin
• Familiar With NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, Etc.)
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.