Enterprise Agile Coach
Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to 6,000+ employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, 2017 and 2018 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Slalom is seeking an experienced Enterprise Agile Coach to join its team in Portland, OR. Slalom’s Agile Coaches work across all industries and disciplines, applying knowledge, skills and techniques support our clients in the adoption and improvement of agile practices and mindsets. Qualified candidates should demonstrate leadership, accountability, flexibility and the ability to build rapport with clients, team members, managers and senior executives.
- Lead client organizations in their agile adoption and improvement journey as an Enterprise-level Agile Coach.
- Design, advise and promote strategic agile direction and transformations in partnership with organizational leaders.
- Provide agile coaching to impacted executive, business and technology functions.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize agile delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability.
- Assess and communicate enterprise-wide agile adoption progress against coaching, improvement, and change roadmaps.
- Execute and manage the quarterly release training planning processes.
- Coach Product Managers, Architects, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Agile teams, and senior management, to enhance Agile application, release planning, Agile ceremonies, Kanban best practices, test-driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Share agile (Scrum) and/or Kanban best practices through informal communication and/or formal training sessions.
- Proactively manage issues and mitigate risk.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate and address concerns.
- Mentor clients, work on projects independently, participate as a team member, or lead teams of less experienced consultants and/or clients to successful project delivery.
- Provide leadership through hands on collaborative exercises/activities.
- Build client knowledge and credibility quickly.
- 3+ years of experience leading enterprise Agile transformations to improve teams, processes and value delivery.
- 7+ years of experience in Agile as an Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Agile Project, Product or Program manager.
- Experience with multiple clients and/or industries.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization from the team to C-suite.
- Adaptable self-starter who is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments.
- Expert knowledge of the business implications of an Agile transformation.
- Expert knowledge in multiple software delivery practices: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP and Lean.
- Experience leading all Agile ceremonies including: program increment, sprint planning, demo, retrospective, and stand-up sessions.
- Familiarity with a variety of ALM tools (e.g. JIRA, VersionOne, etc.).
- Able to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issue.
- Experience of mentoring cross-functional teams and influencing without authority.
- Experience of leveraging lean change management techniques to optimize delivery.
- Ability to assess and communicate progress against coaching, improvement, and change roadmaps.
- High emphasis on self-driven continuing learning, knowledgeable of new practices and coaching techniques.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels.
- Certification in team agile practices (e.g., CSM, CPF, SAFe®, etc.) or 2 years of equivalent work experience.
- CSP and SPC4 certifications preferred.
Slalom Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.