Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. We believe in what's possible and shape what's next.
At Slalom, personal connection meets global scale. We build deep relationships with our clients in cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada, while sharing insights across markets to bring the full breadth of Slalom's expertise to every engagement. Our seven regional Build Centers are hubs for innovation, attracting top talent to rapidly co-create the technology products of tomorrow. We also nurture strong partnerships with over 200 leading technology providers, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft, Salesforce, and Tableau.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 6,500 employees. We were named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
About the Role
As a Data Engineer, you’ll work in small teams to deliver innovative solutions on Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud using core cloud data warehouse tools, Hadoop, Spark, Event Stream platforms, and other Big Data related technologies. In addition to building the next generation of data platforms, you’ll be working with some of the most forward-thinking organizations in data and analytics.
· Work as part of a team to develop Cloud Data and Analytics solutions
· Participate in development of cloud data warehouses and business intelligence solutions
· Data wrangling of heterogeneous data and explore and discover new insights
· Gain hands-on experience with new data platforms and programming languages (e.g. Python, Hive, Spark)
· 3+ years of related work experience in Data Engineering or Data Warehousing
· Hands-on experience with leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
· Proven experience with data warehousing, data ingestion, and data profiling
· Proficient in SQL
· Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
· Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Understanding of agile project approaches and methodologies
· Proficient in a source code control system, such as Git
· Proficient in the Linux shell, including utilities such as SSH
· Familiarity with implementing analytics solutions with one or more Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, HDInsight, EMR)
· Familiarity with streaming data ingestion
· Proficient in Python and/or Java
· Consulting experience
· Familiarity or strong desire to learn quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., predictive modeling, machine learning, segmentation, optimization, clustering, regression)
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.