Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to nearly 4,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 26 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
About the Role
As a Data Engineer, you’ll work in small teams to deliver innovative solutions on Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud using core cloud data warehouse tools, Hadoop, Spark, Event Stream platforms, and other Big Data related technologies. In addition to building the next generation of data platforms, you’ll be working with some of the most forward-thinking organizations in data and analytics.
· Work as part of a team to develop Cloud Data and Analytics solutions
· Participate in development of cloud data warehouses and business intelligence solutions
· Data wrangling of heterogeneous data and explore and discover new insights
· Gain hands-on experience with new data platforms and programming languages (e.g. Python, Hive, Spark)
· 3+ years of related work experience in Data Engineering or Data Warehousing
· Hands-on experience with leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
· Proven experience with data warehousing, data ingestion, and data profiling
· Proficient in SQL
· Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
· Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Understanding of agile project approaches and methodologies
· Proficient in a source code control system, such as Git
· Proficient in the Linux shell, including utilities such as SSH
· Familiarity with implementing analytics solutions with one or more Hadoop distributions (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, HDInsight, EMR)
· Familiarity with streaming data ingestion
· Proficient in Python and/or Java
· Consulting experience
· Familiarity or strong desire to learn quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., predictive modeling, machine learning, segmentation, optimization, clustering, regression)
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.