Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has grown organically to more than 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018, and we are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities and 7 technology Build Centers across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
As a Platinum Salesforce partner, we help our clients transform the way they connect with their customers. Our team is made up of Salesforce-certified experts with experience across the Salesforce Customer Success Platform and multiple industries. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to interesting and diverse projects.
Job Title: Salesforce – Solution Principal
Who You Are: The Solution Principal at Slalom is subject matter expert in a particular skill, solution, or capability, responsible for client delivery, proposals, new business pursuits, recruiting, asset development, complex solutioning, and knowledge management.
- Be an early member of a growing team; serving as a mentor/lead within the team
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Community, Marketing, and App Clouds
- Translate business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce.com platform
- Lead technical design sessions; architect and document technical solutions aligned with client business objectives; identify gaps between client's current and desired end states
- Manage the technical delivery of custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce.com implementation
- Manage technical scopes and client expectations
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and appropriate design patterns are being used
- Provides oversight and governance of all sold and managed Salesforce.com projects
- Drives business development with the proper information, tools, and subject matter expertise to sell engagements and provide detailed estimates within the offering
- Builds and develops relationships with partners like Salesforce.com and own joint sales pursuits with our partners
- Coach and mentor junior technical resources; own responsibility for ongoing technical development of technical resources on Salesforce projects
- Interview potential candidates
- Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- 10+ years of CRM industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of Salesforce.com platform experience (5+ years preferred)
- Proven ability to design and optimize business processes and integrate business processes across disparate systems
- Expert understanding of the Salesforce.com product suite including Salesforce 1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Platform and the App Exchange
- Configuration experience using the Salesforce.com point-and-click developer interface
- Awareness of programmatic solutions on the Salesforce platform including Apex and VisualForce
- Understanding of the Salesforce.com data loader for data migration activities in Salesforce.com
- Strong background in design and development of enterprise systems as part of a complete software product lifecycle
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies such as Scrum
- Deep functional and technical understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and other Cloud Computing Services is a must
- Knowledge of integration architecture as well as third-party integration tools and ETL (Such as Informatica, Jitterbit etc. ) with Salesforce.com
- Excellent client-facing written and oral communications skills
- Active Salesforce.com certifications or ability to achieve relevant certifications upon hire
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.