Slalom is a purpose-driven consulting firm that helps companies solve business problems and build for the future, with solutions spanning business advisory, customer experience, technology, and analytics. We partner with companies to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, WA, Slalom has organically grown to more than 6,000 employees. We were named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016, 2017 and 2018, and are regularly recognized by our employees as a best place to work. You can find us in 27 cities across the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
Job Title: Data Engineer
Slalom Los Angeles is looking for a Data Engineer who can both advise and deliver for clients looking to solve their most critical business challenges. This individual will be an integral part of Los Angeles Data and Analytics Practice and, in addition to working with clients, collaborate closely with members of the Slalom team who are focused on data visualization, advanced analytics, data science, data strategy, and process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
• 5-7+ years relevant experience
• Understand different types of storage (filesystem, relation, MPP, NoSQL) and working with various kinds of data (structured, unstructured, metrics, logs, etc.)
• 4+ years of experience working with SQL
• Experience with setting up and operating data pipelines using Python or SQL
• 2+ years of experience working on AWS, GCP, or Azure
• Experience working with relational databases
• Strong analytical problem-solving ability
• Great presentation skills
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team
• Capability to conduct performance analysis, troubleshooting and remediation
• Experience working with data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery and Snowflake
• Exposure to open source and cloud-specific data pipeline tools such as Airflow, Glue, and Dataflow
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.